Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Since I apparently can't get over my block after seeing this damn movie, I'm going to simply write a reaction to each book as I get in the mood... sorry. I'm doin' the best I can. (Tonight's music soundtrack is my dear friend Casey, playing House of the Rising Sun... thanks, Case.)

The Sea of Monsters is the next book in the series. I absolutely loved this, though I will not say it's my favorite of the series....though I think it has some of my favorite moments. Introduced in this book are Thalia, the girl whose spirit is living inside the tree that helps guard the borders of the camp. Tyson, who ends up being Percy's younger brother. We also discover that Percy can speak to Hippocampi... and I love that. Tantalus, one of the punished kings from the fields of punishment becomes camp director after poor Chiron is suspected of poisoning Thalia... the tree is dying and to revive it, there's a quest to retrieve the golden fleece. I could summarise the plot more, but really the important parts: Thalia is released from the tree and Luke is revealed to have been the one to poison her in the first place. I adore this book. It had some of the best slapstick moments of the series... and c'mon now, The Party Ponies? Amazing. I'll say it again. AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment