Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Lightning Thief, MOVIE STYLE.

I could not have been more disappointed in this adaptation.

That's right, dear readers, I put off updating my blog until I saw this stupid movie so that the entries could be together.
Before you get all uppity with me and tell me, oh blah blah, it's a MOVIE, they can't make it exactly like the book, please remember you are reading a book blog. And I have absolutely no problem with whatever they leave it, it's what they CHANGE that irritates me.

I found the movie to not only completely destroy the plot of the book (which was RAD), but to also be surprisingly tacky. Rosario Dawson, what the HELL were you doing? I mean, apart from the fact that they went up during the summer (so Persephone would be NOT IN THE UNDERWORLD; a point they were careful to mention specificially in the book), but her role was stupid. And again, I'll say it, tacky.

They left out Clarisse, the daughter of Ares with whom Percy has so much trouble. They left out the way Annabelle feels about Luke before they find out that he's the one who's betrayed them. They added in all this ridiculous CRAP, left out some of the coolest and most movie-worthy scenes. I could write for pages and pages about what was wrong. I am seriously pissed that my buddy paid for me to see this movie. It wasn't worth even seeing it for free, in my opinion.

Chris Columbus, who is notorious for dumbing down kids movies (which incidentally worked for the first Harry Potter), just failed at what could have been a worthwhile and incredible series.

No comments:

Post a Comment